Thursday, October 8, 2009

One year in Canada

Oct. 6th is the date I have been Canada for exactly one years. Time flashing, leaving temperaryly from my studying and work, I took one hour to sit down to recall what I have done during this year in Canada.

One month after we arrived in Edmonton, I began the journey for Studying English, first studied at Link for 5 months , then ESL 4 month, now in Monninite one month already.

From one month arrive at Canada, I began my labour job at same time. The whole year,365 days, either I was in school, or I was working. I don't have one day off except the last month, I left job for 2 days to travel Jasper.

However, I am not feel exhaust or frustrated. Some one said new comer commonly have 5 years to strugle for live and if they can pass these 5 years safely they can living on the Canada forever, or they will go back to China. I don't know what will happen in my following years in Canada, but for this first year I not regret leaving my hometown to Canada. I like to change, It isn't the best life to me to live in one place for 100 years at ease.
Before I always think about one question: what kind of life is the best way to live? I think for me is to experience more good things in this world. Such as if you can play a music instrument, I think you can experience more than others who don't know the music. Reading lots of wonderful books, you will have many times dialogue with literature masters. I hope I have chance to travel many other countries in the future to experience different culture, different people.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Amy! It's very enlightening to know that there's someone like you, who also like me is struggling to have a good life here in Canada. You see I have 4 kids and 3 are young and are all still studying, I have no job and also my eldest child. I know with a focus mind like you, we will both attain the DREAMS OF OUR LIVES! Have a good & life full of blessings!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy! Happy Anniversary... ^_^ I am pretty sure that you will have a successful life here in Canada because of your positive attitude and your enthusiasm to have a better life :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent to know your dreams. Someday you will get a chance to have chat with the literature masters. All the best. Think 5 years is too long. Let us make it only for the adjustment period.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Immigrating to any place is not that easy. One needs courage and needs to make the first step to be successful in life. Since you already made the big step in your life I know that you will succeed.

    ReplyDelete